The O’Leary Funeral Service was established in 1927 by Emmett and Anne O’Leary and was originally located on Main Street in downtown Canton. In the 1930’s, the O’Leary’s relocated the funeral home to 32 Park Street. In the 1950’s, Emmett was joined by his son, Bill, who carried on the family tradition, until his death in 1984. of caring and compassionate service established almost 90 years ago.
Joseph E. White joined the O’Leary Funeral Service staff in 1977, and purchased the funeral home in 1985 from Anne and Helen O’Leary.
Steven M. Cary joined the staff at the O’Leary Funeral Service in January of 2008 as a licensed funeral director to work alongside Joe.
In June 2011, Joseph and Debra purchased the McCarthy’s Restaurant Building and over the course of three months the building was transformed into the new funeral home. The new location offers two spacious and comfortable chapels, each with seating for 100 guests. Also, there is ample off-street parking to accommodate large services and an easily accessible handicapped entrance at the rear of the building.
On April 30, 2014, Steven purchased the funeral home from Joseph and Debra and will continue the tradition