The O’Leary Funeral Service was established in 1927 by Emmett and Anne
O’Leary and was originally located on Main Street in downtown Canton.
In the 1930’s, the O’Leary’s relocated the funeral home to
32 Park Street. In the 1950’s, Emmett was joined by his son, Bill, who
carried on the family tradition, until his death in 1984.
Joseph E. White joined the O’Leary Funeral Service
staff in 1977, and purchased the funeral home in 1985 from Anne and Helen
In June 2011, Joseph and Debra purchased the former
McCarthy’s Restaurant and over the course of three months the building
was transformed into the new funeral home. The new home offers to spacious
and comfortable chapels, each with seating for 100+ guests. Also, there is
ample off-street parking to accommodate large services and an easily accessible
handicapped entrance at the rear of the building.
The funeral home continues to be privately owned and
uphold the traditions of caring and compassionate service established over
80 years ago.